About Amy Donahue
Posts by Amy Donahue:
- Breaking News
- Broker Appreciation
- Cross Selling
CMS released preliminary Star Ratings information and early indicators show EnvisionRx will be a 3-Star plan again for 2020. This preview information cannot be shared with members or prospective members yet, but we wanted you to have a sneak peek as you’re gearing up for the selling season!
AS OF 10/1:
AS OF 10/15:
AS OF 11/1:
Validate their 3-Star plan at Medicare.gov/find-a-plan.
View, download & print new Star rating sheets at envisionrxplus.com/brokers. See Broker Resources.
A supply of new Star rating sheets will be mailed to you for distribution to your customers.
Are You Ready to Sell?
GET CONTRACTED AND CERTIFIED
EnvisionRxPlus can help drive your 2020 AEP sales with affordable Medicare Part D benefits that provide your client with the medications they need along with convenient pharmacy options.
- Low monthly premium
- $1 copay for Tier 1 generics at retail pharmacies
- $0 copay for Tier 1 generics with mail order
- $0 deductible for Tier 1 and 2 medications
- Extensive drug list
- One of the largest pharmacy networks, including mail order
Contact us for more information!
NOT FOR MEMBER MARKETING; FOR AGENT USE ONLY
Details about this plan cannot be shared with beneficiaries until 10/01/19.
EnvisionRxPlus is the product of EnvisionInsurance, a subsidiary of Rite Aid.
Back by Popular Demand!
We’re ramping up for a whole new contest for Q2!
Sell 10 life applications. Win Bose Wireless Headphones!
Our first quarter sales contest saw 6 winners from 4 different states. For Q2 we’re ready to give out Bose Wireless Headphones (or cash equivalent) to even more brokers who step up and sell life plans from any of the many great insurance partners including Gerber, Foresters, SBLI, Americo and Royal Neighbors and more!
So… what are you waiting for – make some calls and nail down what you need to reach 10 Apps for the Win!
Cases must be submitted to carrier by 6/30/19 and paid by 7/30/19 to qualify. All life products count!
Submit 10 applications between 4/1/19 – 6/30/19 and win a pair of Bose SoundSport Pulse Wireless Headphones ($200 value)
- Final Expense
- Whole Life
- Guaranteed Issue
- Juvenile Insurance
- All life products count!
Keep an eye on our Bonus Programs for new incentives coming soon!
Do you sell in Rhode Island? Opportunity Awaits YOU in the LIS and DSNP markets
Join our Senior Territory Manager for the Northeast, Susan Young, and Broker Liaison, Christina Comerford, for a special ‘roll up your sleeves’ webinar focused on the selling strategies you need to find prospects, assess their needs, offer solutions and close more business throughout the year in the lucrative LIS and DSNP markets.
With thousands of full and partial dual-eligible beneficiaries residing in RI, the time to act is NOW!
Join us on Thursday, April 18th at 11am and learn:
- Size of the opportunity in RI
- Key definitions to help you understand who your target audience is
- Who is eligible for LIS and DSNP
- How to generate leads
- Where to go to verify Medicaid status
- Tips on how to sell LIS and Dual Eligible plans
Not yet contracted? Get started here.
Unable to attend? Please contact Susan Young for more information: 800-234-9488 x1459 – plus, register and we will send you the recording later that day!
Ready to Capitalize on the Booming Dual Eligible Market?
Curious about how to get involved in this market?
Currently selling and want to brush up on your skills?
Have some questions about Medicare/Medicaid?
GarityAdvantage is pleased to welcome Theresa Gontarek from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield as she walks you through the most effective ways to sell to dual eligibles in Connecticut.
Some topics we’ll review:
- Eligibility – what are the differences between FBDE, QMB, MSP, LIS?
- How does someone apply for extra help?
- How to determine what level of extra help a client has
- Lead Sources: Find out where to find clients
- Grassroots marketing ideas
- Agent best practices and how to retain your client once you enroll them
When: Tuesday, April 30th, 2019
Registration starts: 9:15AM
Full Breakfast: 9:30AM
Time: 10:00AM – 12:00PM
Where: Four Points by Sheraton-Meriden
275 Research Parkway
Meriden, CT 06450
Need to contract with Anthem in CT? Get started here.
Contact Broker Support if you have any questions.
We had such great questions during the Q&A segment of yesterday’s webcast, “Selling Medicare Supplements in Connecticut: Strategies for Success,” we wanted to share them with our agents for future reference.
Highlights from today’s webcast Q&A:
- Can you submit online enrollments for Medicare Supplements?
Answer: Yes! Online enrollments are available for UHC, Anthem, Cigna, Combined and Mutual of Omaha (Omaha Insurance Company) and United American (UA’s E-app requires training to be completed before an agent can use it)
- If a beneficiary moves to another state, can they keep the CT plan?
Answers: They can keep their plan, as long as it is offered in the new state of residence. The beneficiary should contact the carrier to inform them of the new address and the premium will be adjusted to the rates in effect for that plan in the new state.
- Foreign Travel which Medicare Supplement plans cover it? Source: Medicare & You 2019
Answer: Basic Medicare: Foreign Travel is generally not covered by Medicare. There are a few exceptions, please refer to Page 48 of Medicare & You.
- Medicare is a US Health Plan that does not provide coverage outside of the US.
- Plans C, D, F, G, N & M cover 80% of Medically necessary emergency care services after a $250 deductible up to a lifetime max of $50,000.
- Please note that this is reimbursement coverage only, so the member must pay the charges from the foreign hospital, then submit a claim for reimbursement to the carrier.
- Our Slide showing plans F, G & N incorrectly stated that the Cost of Foreign Travel Emergency is covered at 100% up to plan limits. The correct percentage of coverage is 80%. A corrected grid can be downloaded here. Foreign Travel Health Insurance can be purchased through IMG – click here to access plan info and contracting.
- What about covering for dialysis, does the supplement have more coverage than the advantage?
Answer: Basic medicare covers 3 dialysis treatments per week if the member has ESRD. Dialysis is covered under basic Medicare so a Med Supp wouldn’t offer any additional benefits.
- What is the High F Commission for United American?
Answer: Commission is 16% of first year premium, which is $50/month.
- How many carriers have a 5 * PDP and who are they?
Answer: Blue Cross and Blue Shield has 5 Star PDP’s in CT, IA, MA, MN, MT, NE, ND, RI, SD, VT, WI, WY.
- Is that Star rating state-specific or national?
Answer: Star ratings encompass the service area of the plan.
Do you have a question that was not answered above? Reach out to either Jane Feit, Jeanette Natale or anyone on the Broker Support Team – 800-234-9488
Ready to get started? Request a contract – 4 great carriers to choose from in CT!
ATTENTION HARVARD PILGRIM MEDICARE BROKERS
Let’s Take a Closer Look at How the Gain Rx Product Works in New Hampshire
Join GarityAdvantage and Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare’s Senior Market team for a hands-on training session at HPHC’s Manchester Offices focused on understanding:
- How a DSNP “look alike” product works in the NH market
- How big the opportunity is in NH
- How to find prospects
- How and where to sell
You’ll “Gain” a better understanding of HOW TO SELL this unique Medicare product to diversify your client base and income potential throughout the year.
Register and Save Your Seat:
GarityAdvantage invites you to join us for a timely webinar focused on today’s most successful strategies for selling Medicare Supplements in the state of Connecticut. With AEP in the rear view mirror, more and more agents are ramping up their Med Supp selling effort—and reaping generous rewards.
Are you maximizing your full potential in this lucrative market?
- CT Med Supp product/market review
- New changes for 2020/MACRA
- Med Supp vs. Med Advantage
- Lead generation/marketing strategies
- Asking the right questions to identify Med Supp candidates
- Med Supp selling tools you can use
- Cross selling strategies
- Leveraging our Medicare Quoting Engine
Selling Medicare Supplements in Connecticut: Strategies for Success
Why Sell Medicare Supplements?
- National FMO with access to the top carriers in your market
- Local broker support office in CT
- Entire focus is on senior market
- Top commissions paid directly to you
- Extensive in-person and online training
- Free Senior Market Quoting Engine
- Flexible marketing co-op lead programs
- Uncompromising compliance standards
- Committed to the long-term agent relationship
- Opportunities for agency growth
Get INSTANT DECISIONS
Submit applications OVER THE PHONE
KEEP THE COMMISSION on each and every application
Let Gerber Life Do the Work for YOU!
Get Mobile and do more for your clients and prospects.
Use these mobile apps to make sales.
Make sure you have both of these great apps and have information at your fingertips to help you close sales.
|Senior Market Quote Engine
Access this powerful tool to quote and compare Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, Final Expense, Hospital Indemnity and Dental all from your computer, tablet or phone. Compare rates and benefits, combine quotes for multiple product types and click to apply (for most carriers). Get the app!
|Medicare’s “What’s Covered” App
Once you’ve downloaded the GarityAdvantage Quote Engine, your next step should be to download Medicare’s new “What’s Covered” mobile app to learn what items and services are covered, how to get covered benefits, and basic cost information. Get the app!
Contact Us: 800-234-9488